Looking for a new job in the new decade? We’re hiring at several locations and for a variety of positions. Your next career move could be right here.
National Sameday is proud to be one of the main sponsors for the Silsoe Stride (5K, 10K and Children’s Fun Run) which will be held on 30th June 2019 at Wrest Park, Silsoe in Bedford.
The Annual Silsoe Stride is organised by volunteers from the local village with National Sameday as the main sponsor and National Sameday staff members helping on the day. The 5K and 10K races will take runners through a picturesque route of local farmland set within the historic surroundings of Wrest Park. The 5K and 10K Run will also be chip-timed and provide a professional-quality running experience for seasoned runners, as well as a friendly, community atmosphere to encourage and support new and beginner runners.
This year, National Sameday sponsored the race for the fourth consecutive year with all profits are shared to beneficiaries within the village including the School PTA and Pre-School, maintenance of the Village Hall and Millennium Green and village sports clubs.
New National Sameday storage and cross-docking facilities at London Luton Airport and Heathrow Airport providing your freight with even more efficiencies and services.
As one of the leading same day AOG logistics service providers and to celebrate over 25 years in business, National Sameday is continuing to increase its presence in the UK. We are therefore very excited to announce that we will be increasing our service offerings in 2019.
Our new 7,500 sq. ft. facility at London Luton Airport is now open and our new 5,000 sq. ft. facility at Heathrow will be opening on 1st March 2019. National Sameday now has plenty of space to pick & pack, store and cross-dock your freight.
If you would like to discuss your requirements at our new warehouse facility and our storage services in the new year then please get in touch with our team!
A local charity football event took place on Saturday at Playfootball Luton raising funds for Prostate Cancer UK and a local charity who run the last remaining Youth centre in Luton helping 13-19 year olds through support, recreation and leisure.
The event saw a team of National Sameday employees take on a squad of transport industry professionals. In preparation for the match, Dan Collen channeled his inner Gareth Southgate to assemble ‘Team National Sameday’, which included members of the operations and transport teams.
Partha Dey said “Our customers like to challenge us when it comes to their business requirements, so we thought we would return the favour by taking part in this charity football match. The team did National Sameday proud and even though the skills may not have been quite what you see in the World Cup but as a team we played an attractive attacking football, while raising money for good causes to continue their amazing work for the local community. Well done to our team”.
More than 430 runners braved the hot weather conditions to take part in the annual running event Silsoe Stride at Wrest Park, Silsoe on Sunday 24th June.
The Annual Silsoe Stride is organised by volunteers from the local village with National Sameday as the main sponsor. Now in its sixth year, the event has grown in popularity, and this years even saw many families turn out to take part, including almost 100 youngsters who took part in their very own Children’s Fun Run after the event.
The 5K and 10K races took runners on a picturesque route of local farmland set within the historic surroundings of Wrest Park. This year, National Sameday sponsored the race for the third consecutive year and had a team of almost 20 runners take part.
Commenting on the event, Partha Dey, Managing Director of National Sameday said “Congratulations to everyone who took part in the 5K and 10K – and not forgetting the superfast fun run youngsters. National Sameday is delighted to sponsor this established event, supporting the community to encourage people of all running abilities to improve their health and wellbeing in a special historical setting. I can’t wait to join the runners on the start line in 2019.”
For more details on the Silsoe Stride you can visit their dedicated website www.silsoestride.co.uk.
English Heritage site for more information to plan a visit to Wrest Park.
National Sameday Operations will be open 24/7 over the Easter holiday period.
Should you have any same day courier requirements during this period please do contact us as early as possible.
Tel: 01582 400 200
Easter Holiday Payment Notice to Suppliers:
Please note that although our Operations remain open our Accounts department will be closed over the holidays and will re-open on Tuesday 3rd April with invoice payments to be made on Wednesday 4th April.
Have a lovely Easter break!
Our Managing Director, Partha Dey and General Manager, Paul Backhouse flew out to Scotland to meet our dedicated airside colleagues James and George who have been doing a fantastic job over the last 2 years covering airside at Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports . The team were excited to catch up and best of all share new ideas for expanding and optimising our same day Airside courier service from our Scotland base.
Operation Controller (s) – Mon – Fri / 4 on 4 off (Day or Night shifts available)
Based at our Luton Office.
Everybody and every industry relies on transport and logisitics – National Sameday specialise in an exciting, fast-paced and ever-changing same day courier sector. Our staff are constantly kept on their toes and adapt quickly to this fast moving environment. We are now hiring for an Operations Controller with various shifts available (Mon – Fri / 4 on 4 off – Day or Night) based in our Luton Office.
- Taking telephone bookings accurately and dealing with queries from clients and couriers
- Maintaining our service level agreements with key clients
- Monitor jobs to POD and completion keeping everyone informed in a professional and helpful manner and inputting details on our systems
- Respond to emails requesting services or a quotation swiftly and in a polite and timely manner.
- Be proactive and keep all staff or customers informed of any issues/delays
- Provide a detailed and clear handover to Out of Hours staff highlighting any operational concerns
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a good, confident telephone manner when dealing with clients and customers
- Computer literacy, ability to use and pick up our in-house systems
- Highly organized, effective and logical thinker with ability to multitask
- Flexible approach to working hours – punctual and excellent attendance
- Ability to work without constant supervision in a high pressured transport environment
- Previous transport experience and good geographical knowledge
So if you are up for the challenge and are looking for a new opportunity as an Operations Controller then please apply online stating whether you are interest in Day or Night shifts with your full CV and cover letter.
All job offers are given based on successful assessment, CRC check and detailed reference checks .
In return National Sameday will offer:
- Competitive salary along with 20 days holidays a year.
- Regular on-going work.
- Overtime and weekend shifts available.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
We are open 24/7 throughout Christmas and the New Year period but do have a reduced operation. Should you have any same day courier requirements during this period please do contact us as early as possible to book.
Tel: 01582 400 200
Christmas Holiday Payment Notice to Suppliers:
Please note that although our Operations remains open our Accounts department will be closed over the holidays and will re-open on 8th January 2018.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Are you in need of a professional same day courier service but not sure where or how to start an enquiry? This is a common query for many of our new customers. So here is a quick step by step guide of what information you need at hand for one of our advisors to provide you a fast and cost effective quote.
- Your collection and delivery postcode details
- We will need postcodes preferably for both collection and delivery points. Otherwise at least town/city.
- Brief description of goods to be collected
- Let us know what type of goods are going to be collected.
- Ideally the dimensions, weight and any special instructions, for example if the goods are chemicals or fragile, to help us decide the most cost effective and suitable vehicle to send.
- Your timescales for delivery
- Let us know your expectations for the delivery time
- Our experienced advisors can also provide you with the quickest delivery times
- If you haven’t pre-booked a delivery we will aim to collect within 20-30 minutes of your call
With the information above we can provide a fast and competitive quote. You can then decide whether you want to go ahead with the delivery or call back later. We can also provide the quote by email. If you decide to go ahead we will keep you updated with the collection and delivery, with GPS tracking and a phone call once your goods are delivered.
So now you know what info to have at hand why not call one of our advisors on 01582 400 200 (8am – 6pm weekdays) or 07815 874 174 (for out of office hours). National Sameday offices are open 24hrs/7days a week and even on bank holidays!
As we provide a professional UK same day courier service we want to reassure you that we are:
- Professionals with over 24 years’ experience
- Open, honest and always provide clear pricing
- Using GPS tracking for your time critical delivery
- Going to call you when your goods are delivered